Hi – Happy New Year!
In my last post, I described some basic functionality that is being implemented in ZippyMeetings 1.5. There are also two more substantial bits of functionality that we are putting into this release, and here I’d like to talk about one of them:
Or attachments. This is functionality to allow you to add reference material to your agenda – either when setting the agenda or during the meeting – and have it recorded in the meeting minutes. We have implemented this feature to allow for both local files and URLs (ie web links) to be able to be attached to the meeting.
We have implemented this feature because we have heard the requests, and also we do believe in the two main use cases:
- Meeting Preparation. You want meeting attendees to be familiar with the requisite information for the meeting, so you want to attach a document (or link). So while you are crafting your agenda, you add the documents/links into it to give everyone an opportunity to be up to speed.
- Status update. The output of an action needs to be reviewed by the meeting team, so you can attach the document that the action owner has provided into the meeting record.
How does it work:
1. First you click on that paper clip icon and select Add File (or Add Link)
2. You select the file you want with a standard Windows dialogue box
3. You can see that the file now appears in the list (clicking on it opens it up).
How does it look like in the minutes?
We treat links and attachments as references to the meeting material. Here’s an example section in the Compact minutes format that give a quick view of the feature in action. When you send the minutes email, the reference file can be attached (as a configurable option) to the email
This feature works the same whether you are adding documents and links on the fly during a meeting, or in agenda preparation.
Let us know what you think.